Tuesday, 1 March 2011

More random viewing

Clockwise from top left: Alas de mariposa / Butterfly Wings (Bajo Ulloa, 1991), La mosquitera / The Mosquito Net (Vila, 2010), La madre muerta / The Dead Mother (Bajo Ulloa, 1993), Cachorro / Bear Cub (Albaladejo, 2004).

It had been my intention to start my investigation of directorial debuts with Juanma Bajo Ulloa's Alas de mariposa. But when I watched it (for the first time) I felt indifferent towards it, which has made writing about it quite difficult (I can appreciate that it is 'interesting' style-wise, but it just didn't grab me). So, instead, I'm hoping to post something on his second film, La madre muerta, later this week.
Availability: I bought Alas de mariposa and La madre muerta on DVD online from Spain, La mosquitera is available to watch over at Filmin (here), and Cachorro is available to rent on DVD in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment