Thursday, 8 September 2011

More Random Viewing


Clockwise from top left: Nadie hablará de nosotras cuando hayamos muerto / Nobody Will Speak of Us When We Are Dead (Agustín Díaz Yanes, 1995), Flamenco Flamenco (Carlos Saura, 2010), La piel que habito / The Skin I Live In (Pedro Almodóvar, 2011), Chico & Rita (Fernando Trueba and Javier Mariscal, 2011).

A while back I mentioned my intention to write about Díaz Yanes’ 1995 film but it got put to one side during my preparations for Almodóvar Month. I have now rewatched it, so I will write a post about it (and possibly its sequel, Sólo quiero caminar (2008), one of my favourite films from recent years) in the near future. The Skin I Live In and Chico & Rita have both been released in UK cinemas this year (the former is currently in cinemas and the latter is now available on DVD) and are well worth checking out, and I really enjoyed Saura’s documentary / performance showcase (even if it did make me feel woefully Anglo-Saxon) –it doesn’t seem to have any planned release date for the UK, but will be available on DVD in Spain soon (I watched it over at Filmin).

No comments:

Post a Comment