Monday, 27 May 2013

Another update

I'm expecting the blog to be mainly silent for the next month or so.
Despite the increase in my working hours, I had been planning to concentrate on the Carlos Saura Challenge posts but I'm due to present a paper (on Spanish stardom) at a conference in early June, so I've had to focus on that instead as I've had quite a lot going on.
Once that is out of the way, I've then got to focus on my employment situation. Since my last update I've managed to obtain a permanent full-time job (I've been in part-time work in the time this blog has been running - but in the summer months I usually manage to get extra work), but this week discovered that my organisation is about to undergo a 'radical' restructure - so, along with everyone else, I'm going to have to go back through the application and interview process. Ho hum.
So the Carlos Saura Challenge is temporarily paused (I'll have to extend the 'year-long' aspect of the challenge) but I'd hope to be up and running again in July, if not beforehand. Hey, it gives all the UK-dwellers time to catch up with the next film, which is released here this week.
In the meantime, I'll put my conference abstract up on here next week and the paper itself will appear on the blog after I've delivered it at the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment